Ransomware attacks on the rise, targeting both individuals and organizations

• 3 months ago
  • 3429 Views
  • 0 0

According to the Department of Homeland Security, ransomware is the fastest growing malware threat, targeting both individuals and organizations. Senior technology reporter for ProPublica, Renee Dudley, joins CBSN to talk about how some data recovery firms pay hackers' ransoms -- often without telling their clients.

All Comments

• Wait what

1k subs without videos challenge May 15, 2019 1:02 pm Reply
  • I transferred all my pictures onto disks.
    I don't care about anything else on my computer. I wouldn't pay a dime.

Make Racists Afraid Again May 15, 2019 1:05 pm Reply
  • Good thing I use Windows 10

HOMER DRUMPF May 15, 2019 1:07 pm Reply
  • *.BUFAS file extension from Chinese Hackers

Vivek Kayastha May 15, 2019 1:07 pm Reply
  • Speaking of attacks….Democrats- Stop attacking our guys for wearing MAGA hats. We don't attack your guys for wearing dresses.

Michael🇺🇸 May 15, 2019 1:08 pm Reply
  • Anti American Silicon Valley cannot be trusted with the secrets of America.

Christopher May 15, 2019 1:17 pm Reply
  • BOYCOTT CIA CONTROLLED DEEP STATE FAKE NEWS FILTH.

david wilson May 15, 2019 1:27 pm Reply
  • Don’t pay the ransom! We can get you data back. *for double the ransom

Pure Ostension May 15, 2019 1:55 pm Reply
  • So it will be a tax on us all

nosuchthing8 May 15, 2019 2:02 pm Reply
  • This would then be a legit indictable criminal enterprise. Do not negotiate with terrorists. The Iranian's are contracted from someone with motive, then.

Lauren Padgett May 15, 2019 3:09 pm Reply
  • I like Utube. But I can't stand Facebook. I signed off as soon as I found out that they were responsible for distribution of the false propaganda during the 2016 election, the Cambridge Analytica scandal, and the fact that Mark Zuckerberg doesn't understand why he is responsible. He owns a media distribution platform, just like, CBS, NBC, or a radio station. He should be liable for the distribution of slanderous materials. I lost some friends because of Facebook. As a result, I am not going to have any friends, or share any thing with anyone, on any other social media outlet. I will comment, just so I can document how I feel, and what my point of view is on Issues and content. I will never go back on Facebook. I sincerely hope that Utube does not disappoint me in the same way. I hope that all advertising is screened, and Soviet Union style propaganda, is not distributed on this platform. So far, everything is going well. I don't like lies. It is a waste of time to listen to them.

Nathaniel Anderson May 15, 2019 3:55 pm Reply
  • THIS WAS A MOVIE! Maybe they wrote it?

Karen O May 15, 2019 10:51 pm Reply